ICP Level 3 Certification
The next ICP Level 3 course will take place 11th – 15th August 2017 (in Madrid, Spain)
This will be a combined Level 2 and 3 course run over 5 days. The variety of teaching and skating experience provides a platform of learning and appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of all candidates. It is nearly impossible NOT to learn something new about skating, teaching, or yourself in this combined experience.
For those seasoned Level 2 instructors it offers the chance to truly instruct skating from the “teach to teach ” perspective as peer teaching and peer evaluation is the basis of the program.
Emphasis is placed on training course participants in “teaching-to-teach” by further developing their understanding of teaching methodology and skill development relative to inline skating. This in depth exploration will give them the “eye” and experience to train other instructors, and in the process, become better instructors themselves.
ACTIVITIES, WORKSHOPS & LECTURES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING*:
* Technical understanding and mechanics of inline skating
* Detection and correction of common errors in skating
* Mini sessions in Working with Children/Snowskates/Dance / Fitness /Slalom / Speed /Figure/Street
* Basic principals of anatomy and physiology related to skating
* Video analysis of Level 1 & Level 2 Skating Skills
* Peer teaching and evaluations
* Developing a skate school curriculum
* Skate school marketing
* Building a skating community
*Some of these offerings are subject to change based on the strengths of the individual examiners and the expressed interests of the collective candidate group.
PRACTICAL SKATING ASSESSMENT
Any skill from Level I or Level II may be tested and a high level of performance is expected on each skill.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENTS
Due to the expense and travel cost involved in bringing in international examiners for this program, a decision regarding the viability of running the course will be made by 1st July. The following payment options are proposed:
1. PAYING IN FULL BY JUNE 15th – Candidates who register and pay in full by June 15th will receive the Super Early Bird discounted rate of 400 Euro ($425 USD).
2. DOWN PAYMENT BY JUNE 15th – Those interested in attending but who cannot pay in full by June 15th can hold their space in the course by paying a NON-REFUNDABLE DOWN PAYMENT of 185 Euro ($200 USD) by June 15th
with the balance paid in full by July 15th and will receive a discounted rate of 415 Euro ($445 USD).
3. PAYING IN INSTALMENTS- 1st Non-Refundable instalment paid by 15th June of 140 Euros ($150 USD); 2nd instalment paid by 15th July of 140 Euros ($150 USD); 3rd instalment of 180 Euros ($195 USD) due at the beginning of the program on 11 August.
ALL INSTRUCTORS MUST BE INSTRUCTORS IN GOOD STANDING AND CURRENT WITH
THEIR 2017 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.