One Day Intensive Lesson for Improver/Intermediate Skaters
August 5 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£85
This special One Day Intensive skate class where over 5.5 hours of tuition you will be guided through a variety of skills and techniques, and at the end have class notes to help guide your practice in the weeks to come.
The focus will be on fully understanding the one thing that connects ALL skills and makes all moves and tricks easier to learn. When you have this in place, everything you learn and all the practice you do become very productive and you see results much faster. It takes time to fully integrate this approach and to break old habits in the body so this immersion in your skating over one day will do all that and more.
Below is an example of some of the skills you will be taught:
- Speed skating and creating more with less.
- How to deal with increasing speeds, with or without a heel brake.
- Acceleration and Forward Crossovers
- Parallel Turns in both directions
- Backwards skating, transitions and basic stops appropriate to your level (no prior backwards skating experience necessary).
We will end with a ‘tricks’ workshop where Asha will ask participants beforehand to send her their desired trick and she’ll see how many ‘mini tutorials’ she can give on the day.
The timetable is 10am – 1pm and 2.30pm – 5.00pm. This course is recommended for various ability levels as Asha can easily select harder and easier exercises for each skill we are covering.
The prerequisite skills for this class are:
- Parallel turns to 90 degrees in both directions
- Reasonable stopping using a brake or other method
- Confident medium speed
The Improver/Intermediate One Day Intensive is suitable for inline and quad skaters.